Friday, January 9, 2015

Long time no type...



While I know not many of you read this, for those that do, I am sorry for not posting sooner!
It has been an amazing year. I am currently a second grade teacher at a Christian school about 45 minutes from our house. The boys are able to attend school there, and honestly, it has been more amazing than I ever imagined! 

Caleb is doing really well. He has made new friends, and really found himself. He is on the worship team, and was even asked to write a piece for the school "newspaper". He has grown so much.

Logan has grown as well. He has really focused on his faith, and how he can help others. He has a friend in class who is struggling to stay on task and Logan has really stepped up to help this friend and to pray for this friend. He is doing amazing academically. He is also on the worship team and was the pick for best summer story from his grade. He gave the cash prize back to the missions we donate to. His verbal question of should I be a pastor has already been spoken by his actions. 

Aaron is not just thriving, he is living in this environment. He is reading and writing and is helping his classmates. His teacher is tough but I know that it is the best thing for him. He is expected to perform well, and he does it! He is also on the worship team and is so excited to do it! 

The blessings this new opportunity have provided me are many. For the first time I am doing something that is so much more than me. I have 13 students and I am so in love with these little angels. I have had my trials, but overall, I have grown so much as a teacher and as a person. I have seen prayer in action and I have realized my faults and how exposed they are for my students. I have made mistakes and have owned them. I truly believe this has helped my students. 

Stephen and I have found a rhythm to both being full time employees while at the same time remembering that what we do is for these boys. 

Right now, I am at a place  where I need to do for me a little. So I am going to take the next 52 weeks and use this blog as a place to answer a challenge posted by my friend Chelley. So forgive me for stepping away from the norm and posting about myself and the boys, which I have never done before!http://aisforadelaide.com

No comments:

Post a Comment