Friday, January 25, 2013

School is not as easy as I remembered...

I am feeling a little overwhelmed again. I have changed my classes several times over the last few weeks, and I am not certain if I made the right choices.
I have never committed to a plan of action like I have going back to school. I truly want to help people. I just am not certain that I have picked the correct course of action to do the most good.
I know you are thinking "why do I care?" But the reality is, you do. If you have a child, if you have a child who needs a therapy of any kind, or a special doctor of any kind then you care. You want that person to be in love with what they are doing to help you and your child.

I want to help. I have a passion for helping, and I am willing to finish these next 6 or more years of schooling, and I want to be able to be a compassionate therapist, but in my gut, I feel a stronger calling. And I am too old to start this journey, and I wonder if I will ever be truly happy as a therapist, when in my gut, and in my heart, being a doctor is what I really and truly crave to do.

That is the first time I have ever voiced these concerns, however, now that I have, I feel I can move forward. So, if you do read this, know that you do care, or you should care, that the person in front of you, helping you, loves what they are doing, because the reward you earn by their help, is given from their heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment