Friday, February 15, 2013

Juggling anyone?

I was recently asked how I juggle being a mom to three boys, a wife, and a full time student.

I have to say, it is not easy, however, it is doable!

I am blessed to have three beautiful boys. I love every moment I am privilege enough to spend with them, and I realize that those years will be few. I decided a year ago, that I needed to do something with my life. I needed to be a role model, to help others, because it was truly what I loved doing. Helping others. So, I took a course that would certify me to be a teachers assistant.

I loved it!

I enjoyed getting good grades again, and I decided rather quickly to register for the fall semester, full time. I took five classes last semester, and spent a lot of time away from my children. I earned a 3.94 gpa, and I was happy. Christmas break came and went, and now, I am taking four courses this semester. I am struggling a bit in one of my classes, but I am excited to say I qualified for honors and can do an honors project this semester.

Now, the juggling act. I spend each afternoon after school doing homework with my boys. I learn what they are interested in, and we spend time doing those things together. I make sure to have fun time with them. I plan ahead a lot, and I am not perfect at it. I have an amazingly supportive husband, and without him it wouldn't be possible for me to do all of this. I also sing in a group, and one of the classes I am taking is a long term goal, and that is sign language, so I am learning a new language as well.

It is not always fair, I know I am not giving 100% to everything all of the time, and I do feel guilty at times. I pray that my boys see the value in my school so that the time I am not with them will be times that they can plan for when we are together. I pray that I am an inspiration to them. I pray that the difference I can make in the future will be as meaningful to them as time with me now. I pray I am not making a mistake.

Now, I still have a long road ahead, and I know it will not be easy, however my long term goal is my Master's degree in Speech and Language Pathology.

So, if I can do it, anyone can!

No comments:

Post a Comment